PDA

View Full Version : Which boot camp is tougher Navy or Marine?

chaz324
11-28-10, 09:07 AM
My friend just graduated Navy boot camp and he said that it was extremely hard. He is now going to be a flight deck signaler. He said he watched a show on Discovery channel and has talked to many Marines and they all agree that Navy boot camp was harder that Marines. I have no idea what to believe but he swears that his training was extreme and they were taught many combative skills. I would like to hear others opinions?

Mongoose
11-28-10, 09:27 AM
My youngest son was 28 when he went through Navy bootcamp. That was 2 years ago. He even had to get his weight down to get in. Based on what my son told me. I would say your friend is living in the Twilight Zone. How would those Marines he talked to, know that Navy bootcamp was harder? Did they go through both. Or basing it on what your Gung Ho friend told them? Your friend needs a reality check. S/F

AAV Crewchief
11-28-10, 09:37 AM
My friend just graduated Navy boot camp and he said that it was extremely hard. He is now going to be a flight deck signaler. He said he watched a show on Discovery channel and has talked to many Marines and they all agree that Navy boot camp was harder that Marines. I have no idea what to believe but he swears that his training was extreme and they were taught many combative skills. I would like to hear others opinions?

He's a baldfaced liar, plain and simple. Navy bootcamp is half as long and they don't have those green, amphibious monster drill instructors. Also, what would Marines know about Navy bootcamp except that it is shorter and you come out of there fatter than you went in?

Quinbo
11-28-10, 09:39 AM
Create a blank profile ..... post something retarded .... leave and come back later to check on responses. Troll

AAV Crewchief
11-28-10, 09:39 AM

BTW, who is your MARINE friend...your profile says Marine Friend. I think you are a BS artist.

AAV Crewchief
11-28-10, 09:41 AM
I made two posts on this thread that have not shown up....weird.

Kenneth Havelka
11-28-10, 10:41 AM
You must be really a dope to believe that. Navy boot is like summer camp for pussy's

DocGreek
11-28-10, 11:02 AM
.....HE! HE! HE! HE!.....

HM3 Doc Wilder
11-28-10, 11:43 AM
Hello Everyone-I would think that Marine Boot-camp is much harder than Navy boot camp.Being from NY-and being Jewish really caused me some pain.I went in weighing 160-and came out of bootcamp weighing 130lbs.I spent one week and four days in Mickey Mouse which extended my time in boot to16 weeks.Without getting into it-let me tell you they dont like Jews first and people from New York second.It was no picnic-but compaired to Marine bootcamp-I would agree Navy boot camp is for pussies.The Navy let me shoot a .22 rifle in boot camp-There are no 106's-no m79's-and also no-crawling under live fire.The Military training is better in the Marines.You guys got DI's-we got Company Comanders-that didn't even know the alphabet-E5's that were about 4ft 6in-giving orders.One time I was told that the Navy was spending about 40 thousand dollars for my triaining in boot camp.BULLSH*T-The only thing that the Navy had over the Marines was firefighting.The Navy is Very serous about Firefighting.You actually man real fire hoses-and ruin your lungs in a concrete building.I'll take the tear-gas house any time in the Marines.So except for the calistenics-which I Loved-and could do for about two hours straight at that time.I would definetly say the Marines are made to be Real Men.The Navy turns out Sailors-that collect female underwear.HOORAR-I"ll Take the Marines anytime-a better class of People.Semper FI..............

m14ed
11-28-10, 11:47 AM
Brear Rabbit and the TarBaby.
"You cant fix stupidity"

HM3 Doc Wilder
11-28-10, 11:54 AM
The HOORAR-above was not a good-Shout-Out-It was to show that the Navy really has a Bunch of PIGs and Alcoholics.See How Much I Love the Navy...............I"M a Marine period.........

DrZ
11-28-10, 12:08 PM
There is no question that our Marine boot camp is physically challenging BUT the Navy boot camp trains people for other tasks. The Navy is not required to move their a$$e$ for miles when needed. Having been on a Navy float, I will state I have seen the Navy move...but only when they call general quarters....otherwise.... the requirements are nil.

This question was one of those that I believe was to enlicit responses and not much more.

LandsNGrooves
11-28-10, 01:35 PM
Brear Rabbit and the TarBaby.
"You cant fix stupidity"

love the avatar! MSM has the best patches.

FoxtrotOscar
11-28-10, 02:27 PM
At least the Boy Scouts have ADULT Supervision...!!!!!

:beer:

SGT7477
11-28-10, 03:07 PM
Squid boot camp harder than the Marine Corps boot camp,lol,Semper Fidelis.:evilgrin:

HM3 Doc Wilder
11-28-10, 03:20 PM
My friend just graduated Navy boot camp and he said that it was extremely hard. He is now going to be a flight deck signaler. He said he watched a show on Discovery channel and has talked to many Marines and they all agree that Navy boot camp was harder that Marines. I have no idea what to believe but he swears that his training was extreme and they were taught many combative skills. I would like to hear others opinions?-----Well maybe now with the Navy Seals training-hype-the Navy has become more Cammando.The Army Has Delta Force-The Air-Force has NSA-the Marines have a Alfabetical-Special Ops-Secret Commando Force-I would not like to Com-Et-Ta-with any of them.That means have a fight with.I went into the Navy in 1966-They must have learned something by now.Shankers Away....Ha Ha.:flag::thumbup:

doc h fmf
11-28-10, 03:33 PM
The Marine Corp Boot Camp Is Harder And Tougher.
Navy Bootcamp Is A Joke.
Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Quinbo
11-28-10, 03:41 PM
Really does appear to be a tar baby.

Sgt Leprechaun
11-29-10, 01:04 AM
Agreed. Closed.