PDA

View Full Version : He's back.

sparkie
11-26-10, 08:58 PM
After a couple o years my son is signing up. He is now a Firefighter1, and an EMT2 but now that most countys and towns are shutting down for lack of funds,,,,,he moves to his second dream.

My Beloved Corps. I don't want him to go, but he has to do what a young man does. Especally in these times.
Yep, I'm proud but I know all the Bull****. He's gotta figure that crap out for himself.
Anyway, all you old fuks who remember him,,,,,, be nice. He is a son of a biatch, and may stur up shat in the pool.

Semper Fi from an old salt.

SlingerDun
11-26-10, 09:11 PM
yes i remember him, and he's much more affable and refined than "Sparkie Actual" LOL:beer::bunny::scared:

hbharrison
11-26-10, 09:14 PM
What is that old sayen, the apple don't fall to far from the tree?

Wish him well he need it.

sparkie
11-26-10, 09:31 PM
yes i remember him, and he's much more affable and refined than "Sparkie Actual" LOL:beer::bunny::scared:

What? I'm not fukn refined? Take that sht and stuff it in your pipe.

USNAviator
11-26-10, 09:31 PM
Sparkie

He'll be OK. Yes he may go in harms way some day but so did many on here. You have a right to not only be concerned but to also be proud, Dad!!!

Fair winds to your son :thumbup:

sparkie
11-26-10, 09:41 PM
Long ago,,, this was mt last post on the subject,,,,

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60296

USNAviator
11-26-10, 10:29 PM
Long ago,,, this was mt last post on the subject,,,,

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60296

Ken

I know for a fact I made it across that bridge you burnt and I think there are many more of your brother Marines who are waiting for you. Reach out, your brothers are there to help no matter how you felt in the past.

Osotogary
11-27-10, 03:09 AM
Considering how hard it is to get into the Marine Corps nowadays, I wish nothing but the best for your son. You have every right to be one proud Dad. Good for you, good for your son. All the best to each and every one of you.

Phantom Blooper
11-27-10, 07:51 AM
Good to go Sparkie!

He will do fine......

What does your wife think?

Semper-Fi! :beer:

sparkie
11-27-10, 07:55 AM
She asked him, " want to go Army?" nope. Navy? nope Air Force? Nope. Sure you can't get a firefighting job? Yep.

I just keep my mouth shut.

Phantom Blooper
11-27-10, 07:58 AM
Classic....

A mothers love....

And a son that is determined...

I wish him and family well!:beer:

JWG
11-27-10, 09:15 AM
Got my Firefighter I/II and EMT-Basic certifications out of high school, 30 college credits. Enlisted in the Corps anyways. All my friends back home are still going to college to get further certified as a EMT-Paramedic and traveling (most at least) to find jobs. It's a tough career to get nestled into right now. I enjoy the lifestyle and security that the military/federal job is right now, can't beat it at the moment.

Good choice for your son. I wish him the best of luck, keep us informed!

hrscowboy
11-27-10, 09:40 AM
Kansas city Kansas fire department are crying for firefighters and EMTs and have now taken over the ambulance services and are trying to employee parimedics but cant seem to find any qualified..

Rocky C
11-27-10, 02:49 PM
Classic....

A mothers love....

And a son that is determined...

I wish him and family well!:beer:

X2.:thumbup:

He's good to go Sparkie.
Proud Dad.

Semper Fi,
Rocky :usmc:

Sgt Leprechaun
11-27-10, 05:17 PM
Way to go Sparkie.

LandsNGrooves
11-28-10, 02:02 PM
what MOS is he want ????????? The recruiter will hear firefighter and want to make a him a NBC guy. Tell him DONT DO IT;)

sparkie
11-28-10, 10:07 PM
He wants crash fire rescue. Hope he doesn't have to wait for a year,,,,,,,,,