PDA

View Full Version : Help with education benefits needed

HST
11-24-10, 10:39 AM
My son is a vet too. He got layed off a while ago and decided to go back to college on the new GI bill. If you rember it was a typical VA F*ck up when it started up, no one was getting any money, the press picked it up and congress, the VA responded by sending all of the vets a check for about 3 thousand. About a month ago, my son gets a letter that the VA was stopping all of his money until the initial money was paid back, they didn't even tell him the amount they just stopped paying. My son has 2 kids and now can't continue school, pay the rent or buy food. He appealed but they can't seem to ever tell him what's going on with that, just, we're working on it and will get back to you sometime.

He went to our congressman a while ago and they're giving him the same line.

I've read somewhere that a vet can now hire a lawyer and take legal action against the VA but I can't seem to find any lawyers that handle that kind of case.

Can anyone give us some info that might get this resolved?

whitney86
11-24-10, 11:01 AM
the VA is very quick to cut all money off when it comes to the GI BILL. that said you should try and call them and set up a repayment plan. I had the same thing happen to me when I started using my GI BILL. I called them and set up a repayment plan. If he sets up the plan the money will come out of his BAH money. send me a personal message if you have anymore questions. good luck

doc h fmf
11-24-10, 05:44 PM
I Feel For You All, I Did The Old Veap<and They Stop Sending Me Money, I Forgot Why Anyway I Just Took The Rest Of My Money Out And Bought A Car.

Semper Fi And Good Luck

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf