PDA

View Full Version : Poolee PT before Bootcamp

Dveres95
11-23-10, 08:54 PM
Currently we are doing 2-3 PT sessions a week with our Recruiter, along with 1-2 extra days where the Poolee's at my recruiter station meet at a park without our recruiter for PT. I was just wondering how much PT the rest of the Poolee's are doing each week.

Post your days and PT:

4-5 days a week
1.5-3 miles each day
pyramid set of pull ups 1-6
anywhere from 20-40 mins of ab workout and push ups

lake9
11-23-10, 10:28 PM
every Tuesday.

devin0116
11-24-10, 12:34 AM
Tuesday and Thursday 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

1-3 miles (depends on whos running it and how they feel.)
-Periodic stops with 4 count push ups/squats/core exercises.
-If we are real lucky we get to do stuff like buddy carries, buddy drags, low crawls.

They're are always exceptions to this but I would say this is the average. They like to mix up who runs it, and they run it how they like to. Sgt. Medina likes to run, a lot. Sgt. Ayotte enjoys core a lot... it all depends really.

PARKER93
11-24-10, 08:51 AM
We only get to PT with the recruiters on thursdays. But I PT everyday at the office and sometimes other poolees decide to participate. The thursday workouts vary, but my workouts are on a set schedule.

Rhodes43
11-24-10, 09:55 AM
Wish our recruiters did something like this..we just have pool functions every second Saturday. Although I do work out on my own..it'd be nice to PT with others.

BurkeWorld
11-24-10, 04:28 PM
The RS is always open, but every Saturday we have the Poolee PT sessions. Every 2 weeks is the IST. Sometimes we do something fun like CFT or PFT, other times we get our butts kicked with Rock Running or being pitted for about 30 minutes straight.

~Burke

Wenzel
11-24-10, 06:44 PM
We PT two Saturday's a month, but we are recomended to PT with the other Poolees through out the week.

RBrouse
11-24-10, 11:30 PM
with recruiter:
~every saturday 10:00 am
~run 1.5 mile through up to 5 miles
~then go to our patch of grass (now snow) do push ups to start usually 50, then a mixture of pushups squats and core exersices on 4 count
~and sprint roughly 150 yards across the parking lot to the RS with our sgt counting down from 25
~three max set of pull ups to finish
By my self: I go to lifetime fitness
~every day except fridays and saturdays
~I lift for a bit, usually I work on my chest back and arms
~run on tredmill 3-5 miles
~sprints in the gym, usually killers for about ten minuets
~and last i do laps in the pool, usually ten laps and I do down and back underwater (not in one go, Im working on holding my breath lol)

jeonpaolo
11-25-10, 12:19 AM
We got Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday at 11 AM and 4 PM

5 Miles average run (SSGT wants this one poolee to loose weight)
Half hour of non stop abs and sprints

jeonpaolo
11-25-10, 12:28 AM
CONT: Every saturday each month we have a pool function. sometimes its PT, but most of the time we get hooked up at different bases. I live in Southern California so we are close to 3 Marine Bases. we r lucky.

khagmann
11-25-10, 02:49 AM
Swim week - Hard Days(apx. 3300yards)/Easy Day(apx. 2300 yards) Swiching every other day along with USMC "training Guide" daily lifting schedule (currently week 14)

Running Week - MON 45 min tempo run, TUES Recovery, WENDS Intervals/Hills, THURS Recovery/Strides, FRI Fartlek, SAT Recovery/strides, SUN 1 hour+ Long Slow Distance. along with USMC "training Guide" daily lifting schedule

Steve018
11-25-10, 08:10 PM
Every wednesday with the RS Schaumburg and RS Palatine poolees (palatine is small so the two just meet at the schaumburg office) and every thurs and tues me and 3 other poolees meet with my recruiter at the palatine office to do some pt and get some very good info.

Vise
11-25-10, 09:44 PM
Every thursday.

soon2bMarine10
11-25-10, 10:21 PM
We PT every monday and Wednesday. I also PT everyday by myself and i have a pull up bar in my nack yard!!

pattheesmkid
11-26-10, 11:20 AM
Our recruiting station holds PT every wednesday night to those who can make it.It's not mandatory. The workouts usually vary.

The second saturday of every month we have POOLEE functiions which are manditory. They run an IST and then after we have the opportunity to participate in something the recruiters usually set up for us. Lately we've been doing MMA type stuff at this combat fitness place. Its fun and also a great workout.

I try to work out as much as possible after school at our gym.

sdkmcqueen
11-26-10, 02:32 PM
Every Wednesday at the recruiters. Mon-Fri individual PT.

Jwjchsr
11-27-10, 06:52 AM
My fellow poolee and I pt with our recruiters every Monday, Wednesday and Friday down at the RSS Honolulu at 5 pm. We have about 5 to 15 poolee and guests come in on average to pt, at most we have 21.

When we come to the office, before we even talk to our recruiter and the boss, we have maxed out two sets of pull ups. When pt starts we usually run 1 mile to warm up then afterward, we generally do circuit training, intervals training and crossfit, but rarely do sports and MMA stuffs with the boss, PT takes usually from 5 to 7 pm depending on how fast we finish the workout.

DudefromDiego
11-27-10, 07:02 PM
Our RS usually does one every Saturday. Unless something comes up, we are usually out the door by 7:30 AM. We do various things, but none of them are relaxing. For the most part, we go out to MCAS Miramar (only 10 minutes fromt he RS) and work out on the athletic field (tire flips, ammo can lunges, pull-ups, etc.) but if they really want to mess with us, we go to our local canyon and do the "Death Run :no:" which is a 4 mile trek (with even more fun and games in between) through steep inclines, rough gravel, and lots of vomit. Despite the intensity of these workout sessions, they are motivating and we all learn how to work together. Not really mandatory, but the recruiters are weirdly aggressive in making us go :evilgrin:. Not rare to hear about them showing up outside Poolees' houses before they wake up.

DevilDogsSon269
11-29-10, 05:44 PM
We PT everyday. If we dont motivate we get IT after. Also many of us meet with two of the recruiters at the gym and mostly shoot the **** while we work out on tuesday and thursday mornings.

TFKnight
12-16-10, 04:41 AM
Our official PT day is Thursdays and we do an IST and go hiking one Saturday a month. My squad and i also get together on Mondays and Saturdays. Poolees and applicants are welcome to PT Monday-Saturday. They will set you up with p90x or insanity videos.

Our Thursday PT always starts with pull ups/flex arm hang.

Then we form up, stretch and usually do a 1.5 - 3 mile indian run.

We also have a 5 mile run we do which half of it is up hill! If people fall out we stop and do calisthenics.

Then there is the course of death. It's a little over 2 miles. So we run at a very fast pace and every .25 mile or so we stop and do three different calisthenics and each one we do a set of 25 and they are all three counts. Usually leg lifts, flutter kicks, hello dollies, push ups, crunches, star jumpers, lunges, squats, sun gods, four count body builders, you get the idea. You really want to die when your done! Last time one of the Sgt saw i was doing well and made me carry a 15 pound weight. My legs were like rubber.

One time our recruiter was really mad because a guy dropped from boot. So he made all 40 of us build a house for about 15 minutes and then we had to bear crawl through the house twice! My knees and elbows were really bloody when we were done.

We do relay races and suicide sprints as well sometimes.

We always do cadence runs on the way back to our rss.

There's usually 30 minutes of ultimate football as well.

OVonRomer
07-05-11, 07:39 PM
Over here we PT Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and the "go hard" Saturdays of each week. Usually it's a 2.5/3 mile run, a host of push-ups (both regular and diamond), pull-ups, crunches, and pushing a heavy weight across the floor multiple times.

Tbrown10
07-05-11, 08:41 PM
Mon- fri crossfit endurance.
usually 1.5 for time or 6 miles slow or wind sprints till i cant even crawl ( mon,tues ,thurs. fri)

IHaveEGA843
07-05-11, 09:47 PM
Our RS PT's Mon, Wed, and Fri. I only go to the Wed training due to my work schedule. I do work out after work at the gym Mon and Fri with street running on Tues and Thurs.

At the RS we do cirtcuts, we run for how ever long the Recruiters want us to run, do a ass of crazy workouts and sometimes end it with playing football.

I plan on cutting the gym out and starting CrossFit. I think I'll be well prepared for boot once I finish that training.

Crusader0451
07-18-11, 08:31 PM
Crossfit main-site.
PFTs every Saturday.
Two-A-Day Tuesdays and Triple Threat Thursdays

ptwasmadeforme
07-21-11, 10:42 AM
Every Thursday and every other Saturday for those who pass IST standards. All those who don't it's everyday and they give you a strict diet to follow.