PDA

View Full Version : Shipping DEC5, quick contract question

Zip
11-23-10, 08:38 PM
Hey Marines, i am leaving for Boot December 5th, as of now my MOS is 03XX infantry, i would like to get some type of document confirming my MOS but i am not sure of the correct forum i need, that is proof of this, i trust my recruter 100% i would just like to have it. Do i ask my recruiter for a copy of my contract, or my DD4(not shure what it was but was told this might be it), thanks for your time

josephd
11-24-10, 01:42 AM
you get contracted to the 03xx/infantry field, you won't get a specific MOS until you get to SOI/ITB

cchurch
11-24-10, 02:21 AM
If there's one thing I've heard about the military, especially for enlisted men, it's "Get it in writing."
If you're set on infantry, get it in your contract. I signed a contract, and one of the pages I signed said, "Anything not in this contract, even if it has been promised to you orally or in writing, is void and will not be honored."

OC Church

josephd
11-24-10, 02:25 AM
If there's one thing I've heard about the military, especially for enlisted men, it's "Get it in writing."
If you're set on infantry, get it in your contract. I signed a contract, and one of the pages I signed said, "Anything not in this contract, even if it has been promised to you orally or in writing, is void and will not be honored."

OC Church

ummm....your a candidate, not an O-1 or a Marine

cchurch
11-24-10, 03:05 AM
ummm....your a candidate, not an O-1 or a Marine

Yeah I know, I made a mistake when I made the profile a year or two ago; there's no rank to choose below O-1 and as far as I can tell no way to change the Marine status. I tried to make it clear in my profile that I was a candidate so it wouldn't look like I was claiming to be something I'm not.

josephd
11-24-10, 03:07 AM
alright cool, no worries....I believe a moderator can change the status