PDA

View Full Version : Question as a father...

TexasPete
11-23-10, 07:40 PM
I am now looking at the active duty route instead of reserves. If I go active duty I will move away from my 5 year old son. I am prior service Navy and will be bumped down to E-2, will I be able to live off of base to see my son when able to?

sparkie
11-23-10, 08:30 PM
E-2s can live off base if they have a family.

Zulu 36
11-23-10, 08:32 PM
I am now looking at the active duty route instead of reserves. If I go active duty I will move away from my 5 year old son. I am prior service Navy and will be bumped down to E-2, will I be able to live off of base to see my son when able to?

If you are a single PFC, you probably won't be allowed to live off base. As far as seeing your son, that will depend on where you are in relation to him. Being former Navy, you know how annual leave and liberty works.

TexasPete
11-23-10, 09:10 PM
If you are a single PFC, you probably won't be allowed to live off base. As far as seeing your son, that will depend on where you are in relation to him. Being former Navy, you know how annual leave and liberty works.

Thank you.

TexasPete
11-23-10, 10:31 PM
Recruiter just left my place. He said I couldn't ship until probably September or so. On a positive note, I can ace my PFT by then.