PDA

View Full Version : Questions.

Rillousmx
11-21-10, 10:31 PM
what type of housing do u get ur first year seccond year ect. ( i will be at camp lejeune NC ) ?
how many people get into the mestep program and what are the requirements ?
if u are over weight by one pound do they still put u on a diet ( i worry because thanksgiving is a few days from when i leave and i hate dieting ) ?
can u get dq'd for being overweight when u get to boot camp ?
when do u know forsure u have your job ?
can u have a dog your first year on base ( please say yes because i really want an austrailian sheperd ) ?
also if u could give me any pointers on bc that would be awesome thnks

TunTvrnWarrior
11-21-10, 10:49 PM
1. Probably a 3 man room
2. Dont know. My understanding is you have to be a Sergeant (BTW it is called "MECEP")
3. I have a gut feeling you will be on a diet.
4. It is tougher these days on the weight requirements before. You need to talk to your recruiter on point 3 and 4.
5. When you get your orders for your MOS school.
6. If you are in the barracks. No dog.
7. Drink water, plenty of it. Watch your weight. When you get to boot camp, dont focus on how long it is going to be. Focus on what you are doing that day. When you get out of boot camp. Watch who you hang out with. Never buy anything from any Marine unless you get a receipt for said item with signatures from witnesses (he could have stole it and you will get blamed. A young Marine I know who is in the sandbox lost a stripe in his MOS school because of this) Maintain a 1st class PFT score your whole time in. Get your butt in college while in the fleet.

Moderboater
11-21-10, 10:50 PM
Are you married? If the answer is no then more than likely your going to a barracks :). As for dogs not really sure, I don't remember my staff sgt having one..perhaps that was personal choice though. As for the Thanksgiving bit, you sure picked a **** time to go to bootcamp, that's one of my favorite holidays. While your at Bootcamp getting yelled at i'm going to be getting fat and nasty :D.

Then again I picked a **** time to go as well, I missed the 4th of July in 07..remember watching the fireworks from the squadbay.

Moderboater
11-21-10, 10:52 PM
Get your butt in college while in the fleet.

Great advice Cpl. I wish I would of went to college while I was in..might of gave me a chance to stay away from all the **** bags in my former unit. 3 man rooms sounds about right for a new join hitting the fleet..then again that was 3 years ago..so not really up to date about current events. If you really want to be smart though complete college first, join the Marines, and go officer :)

Rillousmx
11-21-10, 10:57 PM
thanks for the feed back ! and i will be here for thanksgiving :D just hope i can keep my weight down . atleast ill have some buddies so not having a dog wont be as bad .

Quinbo
11-21-10, 11:12 PM
How in the world do you know you are going to Camp Lejune?

josephd
11-21-10, 11:15 PM

was about to ask the exact same question

Lisa 23
11-22-10, 07:30 AM
also if u could give me any pointers on bc that would be awesome thnks

Try using the search bar, it does wonders.

Female Marine Advice Needed(ASAP PLEASE)
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92068&page=5&highlight=female+recruit+training

Phantom Blooper
11-22-10, 09:41 AM

Recruiter...told her that the MOS school was at CLNC/Camp Johnson....?

After 4th Battalion,P.I.

Quinbo
11-22-10, 10:02 AM
Motor T??

Lisa 23
11-22-10, 10:26 AM
I'm sure she knows that she has to go to MCT first before MOS school.
Personnel Clerk, Admin Clerk, Supply & Warehouse Clerk are a few others at Camp Johnson.

Quinbo
11-22-10, 10:42 AM
Pretty sure that montford point offers a rack an a locker and nothing more. No dogs and fuzzy bunny slippers.

Rillousmx
11-22-10, 10:53 AM
yea he told me that mos school is there and thats where i would like to be stationed .
ill be in supply . ive herd it sucks D: . i really wanted to be an mp but i was an inch to short and there not giving out any wavers right now .

Lisa 23
11-22-10, 11:04 AM
I was a 3043 Supply...and it doesn't suck.
Remember, every MOS in the Marine Corps is important, and it's what you make of it.
I believe they still have a wish list when you're in MOS school......east coast, west coast, or overseas. Pick one, you may get your first choice......but then again, it's the needs of the Marine Corps and where they want to send you.

Mxzero
11-22-10, 05:47 PM
If you're in barracks, you can't have any pets at all. How many people in a room is dependent on the unit, some have two to a room, some have three. If you're lucky, you'll be able to get a room to yourself, but don't count on it. If you're a pound, they'll probably restrict your diet a bit so you can get within weight, out in the fleet it's a bit different. If you're overweight because of muscle, then you can tape out where they measure your neck and waist and do some formula. I'm not really sure about that since I've never had to worry about it. They'll hand out orders the last week of MCT that'll tell you where you're going and for what job. If it's not what your contract says, then tell someone. They can switch it then and there to what you signed up for, you just have to prove it on your contract. It's what happened to me, signed up for 26xx field and they tried to send me to be an electrician.