PDA

View Full Version : Recently Discharged need help

FBIHitman
11-18-10, 06:12 PM
Well i recently was medically discharged from the corps and got 10% rating for my back injury i received. So I was giving about 6 ot 7 briefs befor i got out by the VA but since i was on a Army post...

Quinbo
11-18-10, 06:54 PM
You're severance pay is your last paycheck and any un-used leave. For instance if you had something .5 days of leave you can take the something as terminal but not the point 5 so it is paid out. Your base pay divided by 30 times .5. Don't count on a big chunk of change on that one. If you had leave on the books and didn't take terminal then it will be paid out as your base pay after taxes for the amount of un used leave.

I found my VA rep when I joined the VFW. Maybe that would be a good start for you.

FBIHitman
11-18-10, 07:48 PM
I have been told it would be a large lump sum. Marine before me that got 10% and the same discharged received about 9-10 grand for there severance pay.

hbharrison
11-18-10, 09:35 PM
Like Bulkyker said go to the VFW at the VA they have an office in every VA talk to them they know what to do and can get you started in the right direction.

usmc7051
11-18-10, 09:43 PM
It is some weird formula, which you should be able to find with a google search to get a rough estimate (I think it is years of service x 4.5 x base pay). Just as an example, I had 10 years and...

FBIHitman
11-18-10, 09:57 PM
Well this is why i have problem with the corps because there so disorganized.

Keep in mind my EAS and ECC was Oct 30th

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3218/93755222.png

But as you can see there trying to pay me on Nov 15? but they cleared my DD so now im stuck with where the hell is my last paycheck

usmc7051
will i be receiving this severance in the mail?

FBIHitman
11-18-10, 10:21 PM
I just got my Severance DD to my bank and it almost 10 grand still missing my last paycheck thou. but thank god i got that money so now i am gunna call the local VFW office tomorrow to see what they can do for me

spotts
11-19-10, 06:11 AM
Go to www.va.gov (http://www.va.gov) and they have a listing of Veteran Service organizations that can help you. It will also give you lists of your closest VA Hospitals, clinics and regional offices. To initiate a Compensation Claim you will need to fill out a VA Form 21-526. You will also need a copy of your DD214 and they are going to need your medical records. PM me if you need any help with anything, I work for the VA in Philadelphia. Malke sure that you get a Veteran Service represantative to help you through the process...

FBIHitman
11-19-10, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the help gents, ill be contact the VFW since it seems that org is a lot more prominent in my state then the other so ill give u guys on an update after i get in contact with them. Hopefully i don't get told to F off like i did by the VA in ft Leonardwood.

Sgt Leprechaun
11-28-10, 12:01 AM
You might also try for a local 'state' VA rep. This should be just like buying a new car, comparision shop is always a good thing.

lcpl4life
11-30-10, 03:10 PM
Hey I just got out same thing for me 10% for my back. The formula for your severance is your base pay times 2 time years of service, Im still waiting for mine .