PDA

View Full Version : What are "Credits" about?

Yager24
11-18-10, 01:24 AM
I've done a couple different searches ("Credits" "What are credits" etc) but can't find out what they're used for. Anybody know?

Kiri
11-18-10, 01:18 PM
Credits are usually refered to as what you get once you complete a college course, however a lot of colleges take certain military experiences, like taking and auronautics class or something, as a certain number of credits depending on their standards.

If you get enough you may be able to get bonuses or promotions, and obviously if you get enough for a bachelors degree you can choose to become an officer, but pertaining to joining the Marines itself, not really a big issue after enlitment.

If I'm missing anything else poolees, feel free to chime in.

Yager24
11-18-10, 01:45 PM
Haha no I know what those are, spent more than enough time in higher education. I should have been more specific. I'm asking about the credits that you apparently accrue on this site. Right now I have 23 "Credits" and was wondering what those were about

DudefromDiego
11-18-10, 07:38 PM
You get em from replying to posts, asking questions on the various forums, etc. I only have 24, while Sgt. Leprechaun has a crapload. I don't really have alot of free time (school and all) but I travel around the site from time to time. They aren't currency, but more to show how often you visit and post on the site.

Yager24
11-18-10, 08:01 PM
You get em from replying to posts, asking questions on the various forums, etc. I only have 24, while Sgt. Leprechaun has a crapload. I don't really have alot of free time (school and all) but I travel around the site from time to time. They aren't currency, but more to show how often you visit and post on the site.

Question answered. Thanks man

sparkie
11-19-10, 09:35 AM
Almost. At one point they were going to eventually be good for bids on prizes and for buying things. That has been on hold for awhile now. We shall see what the Big Boss does with them in the future, if anything.

x3bishop7x
11-28-10, 01:26 AM
I was wondering the same question myself. Thanks for the post and the answers.