PDA

View Full Version : Welp, they freakin got me...dangit...going to Okinawa

AlohaMarine
11-17-10, 03:13 PM
I'm ****ed. Okinawa Marines are the epitome of retarded. Anyone who's met anyone from Oki knows they're either boots, females, or motivators. There's no in between with those guys, and I do not fall in any of those categories.

I'm going by myself for a course, and I'll be over there for a while. It won't be my first time, I was there in 2008 for a bit but damn this is gay. I'm a Sergeant, but who knows they still might give me a red card. Not that it matters anyway, I'll spend most of my time on base. And since I'm smart, attractive, and not a street thug I won't attract any Okinawan or military girls.

This whole thing is just stupid. Why send someone to Japan for a class who gets out of the Marine Corps as soon as he gets back? They must think I'm a fool or a liar.

/rant

Marine1011
11-17-10, 03:15 PM
Yes, you sound smart and not a street thug. Too bad they are putting you with people who are beneath your station in life. Try to make the best of it, though. Good luck.

Kegler300
11-17-10, 03:19 PM
I spent two tours there in spite of attempts to go to Hawaii...consider yourself lucky you're only going there for a short period of training...

Quinbo
11-17-10, 03:22 PM
Well dang. Achped just live the moment. What sort of school is so all important that you be sent to Oki? By the way chicks were pretty scarce when I was there.

tdrt
11-17-10, 03:31 PM
LOL. Just try to enjoy and make the best of it.

AlohaMarine
11-17-10, 04:17 PM
Yes, you sound smart and not a street thug. Too bad they are putting you with people who are beneath your station in life. Try to make the best of it, though. Good luck.

That's what I'm saying. They're going to be disappointed when I get back after having failed the course, wasting $5000 on airfare and per diem, and I EAS a month later.

I spent two tours there in spite of attempts to go to Hawaii...consider yourself lucky you're only going there for a short period of training...

I am. Hawaii is awesome. If I were to switch services for some reason or HAD to reenlist (by had to, I mean if someone was holding a gun to my head. Even then I'd seriously consider my options) I would only do it if I could be stationed in Hawaii. The Marine Corps base is small, the regiment units are all close knit and work together. The only thing I dont like is how all the major commands and schools (except scout sniper) are located elsewhere. Getting paperwork signed by a Regimental/Division commander requires scanning/emailing. Sounds pretty easy, but it really is a *****.

Well dang. Achped just live the moment. What sort of school is so all important that you be sent to Oki? By the way chicks were pretty scarce when I was there.

I don't know, I don't pay enough attention. I was just told that I'm going to Japan and then I tuned the captain out...and pictured Kim and I together in a barracks room :bunny:

My biggest complaint with Oki is the type of Marines that are there. All our augments/support guys come from over there and they're all ****ing dumb. Corporals and below are boot as ****. Sergeants tend to be OK, but not great. And the SNCOs are always miserable because they got sent there despite their wishes to go somewhere else. Does any SNCO honestly REQUEST Okinawa? Especially after having already been there as a junior Marine?

Not only that, but theres probably 5 guys on the island with combat deployments. They spend all their time ****ing Thai girls on floats around the south pacific, while we take a flight to Kuwait and spend 7 months out of 19 in a sandy ****hole. Just breeds a different type of Marine, thats all I'm saying.

USMCM38A1
11-17-10, 04:29 PM
I spent 3 yrs in Kaneohe was slated to reup and go to Coranado as a swim instructor pick up Corporal and get a bonus .Instead a Gunny new to the shop decided I was too important to the shop to go to Coronado and then 2 weeks later I am slated to go to Oki for 6 months which made up my mind on reenlisting as a no .I came back finished my last 6 months and got out.Oki wasn't much fun then either especially when you left Kaneohe to go there.Who knows how it would have went if I had got to go to Coranado instead ,oh well no use crying over spilt milk. Semper Fi and good luck remeber domo hairy gecko lol

PJones64
11-17-10, 06:09 PM
Kinda crazy, tho, when you are getting out after you get back

devilbones2
11-18-10, 04:28 PM
Its all what you make of it. Most of the guys with the OPs attitude dont really do well anywhere. I would suggest taking a look with an open mind and find some things to do that are fun.

JRHD72
11-18-10, 04:53 PM
Damn, I went to Oki and spent 3 months perusing Magsaisai St. I wonder how jr. is doing?

Kegler300
11-18-10, 05:05 PM
I spent 3 yrs in Kaneohe was slated to reup and go to Coranado as a swim instructor pick up Corporal and get a bonus .Instead a Gunny new to the shop decided I was too important to the shop to go to Coronado and then 2 weeks later I am slated to go to Oki for 6 months which made up my mind on reenlisting as a no .I came back finished my last 6 months and got out.Oki wasn't much fun then either especially when you left Kaneohe to go there.Who knows how it would have went if I had got to go to Coranado instead ,oh well no use crying over spilt milk. Semper Fi and good luck remeber domo hairy gecko lol

I spent a tour at LFTCPac Coronado...next best thing to Hawaii...

Quinbo
11-18-10, 05:17 PM
Damn, I went to Oki and spent 3 months perusing Magsaisai St. I wonder how jr. is doing?

Masaisai street is in Olongapo LOL:no:

Sgt Leprechaun
11-18-10, 11:35 PM
He drank a lot then. A LOT.

AlohaMarine
11-19-10, 10:21 AM
Its all what you make of it. Most of the guys with the OPs attitude dont really do well anywhere. I would suggest taking a look with an open mind and find some things to do that are fun.

Most, but not all. Ill post a pic of my NAM when I get it on monday. But they do kinda just hand those out nowadays. Even with the little V in it...

Most of the guys who have that moto squared away attitude never go anywhere. They usually get duis and end up not able to reenlist from what I've seen.

devilbones2
11-19-10, 10:29 AM
Well either way good luck.

TJR1070
11-19-10, 11:23 AM

I just blew coffee all over my monitor. ROFLMAO