PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here on Together We Served?

CplAllen
11-10-10, 10:05 AM
Heard about this site and was wondering how it works. You have to PAY for it?

leprechaun9544
11-10-10, 10:14 AM
Yes, I am a member of TWS. They have a free membership, as well as a paid membership...your choice. Really is a nice site

gungygal48
11-10-10, 10:16 AM
I'm a member, you get a free trial of 30 days. After that there is monthly, annual, triannual or lifetime membership fee. If you recruit others to the site you get 6 months of free membership time, that goes for each individual you recruit. Hope that helps.

gungygal48
11-10-10, 10:25 AM
Lep is correct, I forgot about that. You can be a free member but you have very limited access.

DocGreek
11-10-10, 11:28 AM
:D.....Been a member for a couple of years. No complaints, but this site is easier to use and has more members.
I don't like the forums there, kinda' Mickey Moose!!......:D

BJKpfaller
11-10-10, 12:06 PM
I'm a member, pay yearly It's worth the cost have found 3 people I went to boot camp with and this was in 65. Also quite a few others that were in my unit or associated units When I was in Viet Nam. Definetly woth the cost.
Happy birthday & Semper fi

Old Marine
11-10-10, 12:41 PM
The TWS site has way too many things listed on you profile and the whole thing is very confusing for an old fart who was always told that computers would make the world go around easier. I would much rather go back to the 734 book and 604 form.

chulaivet1966
11-10-10, 12:44 PM
I've been a member for almost a year.
It is a very good site IMO.

Don't know if I'll renew yet for a few reasons.

SF
we

Troutzilla
11-10-10, 01:03 PM
I've been a member at TWS for 5 years. A paid member for a year or two...now I'm just a free member and don't really have the time to maintain a profile.

Doc Greek hit it just right....this site is very easy to navigate and use. :thumbup:

Semper Fi
Trout

:flag:

oldtop
11-10-10, 02:34 PM
Been a free member for a couple of years, but the site's access IS limited unless you pay. Only found one person on TWS that I served with...

hbharrison
11-10-10, 03:16 PM
Been with TWS for several years now, forums are not as easy to get into. Found several Marines I served with. Pay don't pay?? Paid on both so I had access to everything. Both have pors and cons??????

Kegler300
11-10-10, 03:20 PM
Yes - connected with many Marines I haven't seen in 20-30 years.

gkmoz
11-10-10, 03:46 PM
Connected with Four I went thru boot with, and one who served in the same unit at Pendleton/Del Mar.

gungygal48
11-10-10, 04:14 PM
It's a very very good site, but there was one little problem, bad enough to make me have my account deleted, after just paying 124.00 for a lifetime membership. This problem only applies if you go on the forums there much. Please PM me about it if you want details, as I don't want to broadcast details here. It is a good site, but there is an active "element" that goes unchecked.

Did you ask for a refund? It is typically policy to make refunds. I think I know the "problem" you are referring to, in fact I think I remember you.

gungygal48
11-10-10, 04:17 PM
I won't bash either site.

gungygal48
11-10-10, 04:18 PM
I won't bash either site...

ChuckH
11-10-10, 04:18 PM
Been a member since it started...

Skosh59
11-10-10, 04:23 PM
Been a free member for a couple of years, but the site's access IS limited unless you pay. Only found one person on TWS that I served with...

Same here. The site is okay but I refuse to pay for something that is free on other sites. Taking advantage of vets....

Marine84
11-10-10, 08:50 PM
Yep, I am. $15 for a year not gonna break me. No civilians either.

smatty0311
11-10-10, 09:01 PM
I went there for a while, but I did not like the format, nor the conversation. It seems like a bunch of angry mo-fo\'s on that site, and a lot of bickering going on. I have just signed up here, and it seems pretty cool so far. Aside from this I visit the terminal lance site every now and again. It is not too bad.

JAGarland
11-10-10, 09:17 PM
I'm a paying member and once a year we have get togethers with the members of the site from Florida.

CplAllen
11-11-10, 04:35 PM
Yep, I am. $15 for a year not gonna break me. No civilians either.

How is it possible to distinguish who is an actual Marine and who is a civilian?

Marine84
11-11-10, 07:13 PM
Well, unless somebody is going through a lot of trouble and work posing as one, the ones I've met have turned out to be genuine. There are also ones I served with and I know they're Marines. And, like JA said, they have get togethers too. I've not come across one civilian over there.

Not bashing the Boss over here or his site but, when civilians get in the mix, WE have to be a little more PC.

thewookie
11-11-10, 07:59 PM
I've been a member on TWS for a number of years now. I stopped paying last year, same with here and a few others. I just can't keep shelling out 20 green-backs at every website to chat. It adds up fast: 20 bucks here and there and that adds up to a high priced hooker. :p

Same thing with FB, once they start charging I'm outa there faaast.

I've found a number of Marines on TWS that I served with, it is very easy to search by name, unit, school, or station. And I like the no civilians/ somewhat of a vetting process they have, too.

Actually,,, I'm surprised this thread is still open, usually the powers that be here squash talk of other sites....:scared:

Quinbo
11-11-10, 10:01 PM
I've been a member over there for a few years and have many Marines I've served with and two that I went to boot camp with. I enjoy the format of the forums here better. I like their ability to connect to other Marines that you personnally know better.

DocGreek
11-11-10, 10:33 PM
:D.....Joined TWS on 10/30/2007. Look me up....even spelled my name RIGHT!!!!.....:D

CplAllen
11-13-10, 03:10 PM
thewookie,

Are you a Phishhead wookie or something else entirely??

Kegler300
11-13-10, 03:17 PM
Just connected with my platoon commander from L 3/4 in 1977...

thewookie
11-13-10, 10:30 PM
thewookie,

Are you a Phishhead wookie or something else entirely??

No Phishhead for me, just a wookie from the hairy planet!

GSEMarine94
11-15-10, 02:07 PM
I paid for a year, just to be able to find other Marines. So far I have found about 5. But I seriously doubt that I pay for another year.

thewookie
11-15-10, 02:35 PM
I will add, I don't pay this site directly, but I do help out indirectly from buying shirts, and flags for my flag pole from the leatherneck store. :thumbup: