PDA

View Full Version : About the ties between the U.S, U.K and AU...

schnoozlebop
11-10-10, 02:00 AM
lately australia has been getting closer to america, but i just wanted to ask what yanks really think of australians.
i've seen different opinions of the brits everywhere, some seem to think eng isn't really an ally anyway, others say anyone who criticises uncle sam's strongest ally has never been to war. i wanted to know what marines think of australia, too.

USMCM38A1
11-10-10, 06:04 AM
We have had the Aussies on our side and i'd rather fight with ya then against ya .

TJR1070
11-10-10, 07:44 AM
Love your women!!

Zulu 36
11-10-10, 07:47 AM
I like Aussies. Fight with you guys any day.

Cute girls too. :D

Beltayn
11-10-10, 03:52 PM
I like that you guys are allowed to wear cammie shorts.

schnoozlebop
11-10-10, 04:24 PM
haha thanks for the response
also just feel like pointing out, because everyone seems to think i'm a guy... i'm a girl.

Beck
11-10-10, 04:31 PM
lately australia has been getting closer to america, but i just wanted to ask what yanks really think of australians.
i've seen different opinions of the brits everywhere, some seem to think eng isn't really an ally anyway, others say anyone who criticises uncle sam's strongest ally has never been to war. i wanted to know what marines think of australia, too.

I have no problem with Aussies at all. We used to exchange chow in VietNam back in the day. Australia has always been a great ally of the US. They fight well, are great people to work with. And since you are a girl, the cami shorts would even look better! 8-D

Back in the day, Sydney was a big R&R destination . . . Whiskey a Go Go! I doubt anyone remembers go go girls . . . most are too young.

GySgtRet
11-10-10, 04:31 PM
schnoozlebop

We love Aussies here. LOng story but puttin down a couple of Fosters is an art.

Semper Fi

Gunny out
:usmc:

TJR1070
11-10-10, 05:21 PM
Any pictures of a certain Australian woman wearing above mentioned cammie shorts would be greatly appreciated.

schnoozlebop
11-10-10, 05:34 PM
Any pictures of a certain Australian woman wearing above mentioned cammie shorts would be greatly appreciated.

LOL sorry, not today.

Mongoose
11-10-10, 06:36 PM
We had an Australian in bootcamp. I didnt think he would make it. Turned out to be a good Marine. I always liked the way they talked.

Phantom Blooper
11-10-10, 07:04 PM
I like the Australian influence of cooking on the barbie....

Not the plastic..50+ ageless doll face tramp.

Nice port of call .... beaches..... and brew:beer:

I even like the pig sticker that Mr. Dundee carried.

Never wanted to box the kangaroo....seen him the biggest of grunts...

Liked it back in the day when the Aussies made port of call/vacation stops in the Hawaiian isles.

Memories....:p

:evilgrin:

schnoozlebop
11-10-10, 07:12 PM
We had an Australian in bootcamp. I didnt think he would make it. Turned out to be a good Marine. I always liked the way they talked.
foreignors can join the marines?

Phantom Blooper
11-10-10, 07:14 PM
Enlistment into the U.S. Marine Corps, or any branch of the U.S. military, by citizens of countries other than the United States is limited to those foreign nationals who are legally residing in the United States and possess an Immigration and Naturalization Service Alien Registration Card (INS Form I-151/551 — commonly known as a "Green Card"). Applicants must be between 17 and 35; meet the mental, moral, and physical standards for enlistment; and must speak, read and write English fluently.

Note: The U.S. military branches cannot assist foreign nationals in obtaining admittance into the United States. Questions concerning immigration to the United States should be asked of the U.S. Embassy. Only after immigration procedures are completed and an applicant is legally residing in the United States may an application for enlistment be accepted.

Furthermore, in order to be commissioned an officer in the U.S. Navy, one must be a native-born or naturalized United States citizen.

The U.S. government agency which is responsible for immigration and naturalization is the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. Their web site is at http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm

schnoozlebop
11-10-10, 08:02 PM
Enlistment into the U.S. Marine Corps, or any branch of the U.S. military, by citizens of countries other than the United States is limited to those foreign nationals who are legally residing in the United States and possess an Immigration and Naturalization Service Alien Registration Card (INS Form I-151/551 — commonly known as a "Green Card"). Applicants must be between 17 and 35; meet the mental, moral, and physical standards for enlistment; and must speak, read and write English fluently.

Note: The U.S. military branches cannot assist foreign nationals in obtaining admittance into the United States. Questions concerning immigration to the United States should be asked of the U.S. Embassy. Only after immigration procedures are completed and an applicant is legally residing in the United States may an application for enlistment be accepted.

Furthermore, in order to be commissioned an officer in the U.S. Navy, one must be a native-born or naturalized United States citizen.

The U.S. government agency which is responsible for immigration and naturalization is the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. Their web site is at http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm
thank you. i'll remember that for the morning i wake up and think to myself "i think i'll join the marine core today" xD
you guys are awesome, though.

SlingerDun
11-10-10, 08:37 PM
Was thinking about your question this arvo while packing the Eskie with sangas and Bundy and loading the ute for a fishing trip after work, and realized: A Western man don't much like being called Yank. Those are people who live in the NE States, and it's too similar to Wankhttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

~Gidday

schnoozlebop
11-12-10, 04:23 AM
Was thinking about your question this arvo while packing the Eskie with sangas and Bundy and loading the ute for a fishing trip after work, and realized: A Western man don't much like being called Yank. Those are people who live in the NE States, and it's too similar to Wankhttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

~Gidday
oh, sorry about that, didn't know. the similarity to wank never occurred to me....

49KB-2
11-12-10, 09:09 AM
We(Charlie co. 1/3) were in Townesville in '95, training with the Australian Army. It was one of the highlights of my service. I have nothing but good to say about Australia and the Australian people and military.

DrZ
11-12-10, 09:10 AM
On the most part, the American and Australian histories are very similar. Our countries were where the outcasts from many countries were sent. I visited Australia while I was in the Corps. Never bought a drink the entire time I was there but visited quite a few bars! Ran into the Aussie Navy attempting to crash a British Royal Marine bar in Thailand back in the 70s. Hell of fight then we all got down to some serious drinking! lol. The majority of people in Australia are friendly and welcoming as well as you can understand what they are saying which is a major plus. If you can, please feel free to keep the great white sharks down there and away from our shores as much as possible!!!

So overall most Americans think the Aussies are great and anyone who has spent time in the Corps with any of the Aussie military know they are a hard fighting, hard drinking, hard partying, and one of the most loyal groups you can be around.

Hope that answers your question.

Theoldgunny
11-12-10, 09:20 AM
had a great time downunder both time I was there

schnoozlebop
11-12-10, 03:47 PM
We(Charlie co. 1/3) were in Townesville in '95, training with the Australian Army. It was one of the highlights of my service. I have nothing but good to say about Australia and the Australian people and military.
cool, i'm from townsville. i think we had marines here just recently for australia, u.s, new zealand, east timorese military training games.... they didn't even cause trouble

schnoozlebop
11-12-10, 04:07 PM
On the most part, the American and Australian histories are very similar. Our countries were where the outcasts from many countries were sent. I visited Australia while I was in the Corps. Never bought a drink the entire time I was there but visited quite a few bars! Ran into the Aussie Navy attempting to crash a British Royal Marine bar in Thailand back in the 70s. Hell of fight then we all got down to some serious drinking! lol. The majority of people in Australia are friendly and welcoming as well as you can understand what they are saying which is a major plus. If you can, please feel free to keep the great white sharks down there and away from our shores as much as possible!!!

So overall most Americans think the Aussies are great and anyone who has spent time in the Corps with any of the Aussie military know they are a hard fighting, hard drinking, hard partying, and one of the most loyal groups you can be around.

Hope that answers your question.
lol the great whites. don't worry, i asked one about that. he said aussies just taste better.

it does answer my question. the reason i wanted to ask for a real opinion from americans is i've only ever heard one opinion from a marine, who said publicly:

"australian women don't cover up enough."

this was after he'd visited alice springs. his comment got on the news because it was way out of line because the girls there do cover up enough.
i don't blame him for being offended by alice springs. it's such a dump. everyone's offended by alice springs. i wondered if all marines had an opinion about aussies like that. but turns out it's not nearly as bad as i thought it was lol
thank you.

Phantom Blooper
11-12-10, 04:16 PM
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Can't say about Alice Springs....but I can say the above about the USMC...

The Marines are briefed in the host countries customs before they embark and the debarkation even begins....

Unless the higher powers that be makes Alice Springs off limits to US service personel....most know that they are not heading that way only to have a grilling on the barbie....:evilgrin:

TJR1070
11-15-10, 07:29 AM
I think that Marine should be identified and disciplined. I would have a problem if they were covering up too much. I still am waiting for that cammie shorts pic too, by the way. That would put the question to rest by way of response here. :)

schnoozlebop
11-16-10, 07:08 AM
I think that Marine should be identified and disciplined. I would have a problem if they were covering up too much. I still am waiting for that cammie shorts pic too, by the way. That would put the question to rest by way of response here. :)
lol sorry. still not going to happen.:p

well, maybe he was gay and a little jealous all the girls were getting attention. hahaha

TJR1070
11-16-10, 08:46 AM
OK any shorts, preferably in some Daisy Duke's.

Seriously any man that would make a comment like that publicly either fears his wife will see/hear it, or he is gay!!