PDA

View Full Version : PCS/Moving Help

stephenvrich
11-04-10, 01:38 PM
I'm getting ready to PCS and move, but i need some help with something. I'm going to be PCS'ing from CA to TX on TEMINS and then onto HI. The problem is I have all my HHG and family in CA and since i'm on TEMINS they can't go to TX. I'm planning on sending my family back to my in-laws while i'm away and until i can get my place in HI. However, i'm hearing mixed opinions on whether or not I can have TMO take my HHG from my in-laws when my family moves. The MC didn't pay to move them out here, and i've been told that as such all i have to do is tell HI's TMO to pick everything up from my in-laws.

Is this true? Because others have told me that since all my HHG are out here that when I do my PCS TMO will only accept my stuff from my current station in CA so they can put it into storage until I get to HI.

Anyone who's done something like this or admin or TMO have any advice?

the reason i'm trying to get my family home is that i'm married with 2 kids and my wife doesnt have a drivers license at the moment and i want her around family who can take care of her in case anything happens.

thanks for any help

Sgt Leprechaun
11-04-10, 11:08 PM
Have you by chance checked with your TMO to find out for sure? This is one of those complicated things that can quickly become a REAL nightmare PIA if it's not done right, as you are guessing.

stephenvrich
11-05-10, 09:49 AM
I have checked with TMO and they've told me that I have 2 options.

1. My stuff can go into storage from here until my next permanent station.
2. I can use my HOR move (not an idea I like).

and a third option I'm pretty sure I can do is just do everything myself and take the costs with no reimbursement. again not something I'd like.

Isn't there something that would allow me to use TMO since my dependents are authorized at my next permanent station and TMO didn't move them to be with me in the first place?

Sgt Leprechaun
11-08-10, 05:17 PM
Probably not. (Your last sentence).