PDA

View Full Version : A Marine Is Off To Mississippi

SemperFiParent
11-03-10, 11:40 AM
Early this morning we received a telephone call from our daughter, PFC Holly.
She has successfully completed MCT at Camp Geiger, the graduation ceremony was yesterday, and she is due to fly out to Keesler AFB tonight.

Sue and I weren't able to make the trip, however she went through the training with a friend she made at boot camp and that girl's grandparents took her along with them for the day.

Holly really couldn't stay on the phone very long, she just wanted to give us a quick heads-up as to what was going on.

She told me that she didn't have much of a chance to send any mail letting us know about MCT, she said that once she gets to Biloxi and gets squared away she will fill us in on the details.

Hopefully now that she will be at her MOS training we will be in touch more often.

dizark
11-05-10, 06:27 AM
Yes, she will or should have more time at MOS School to talk to you about her experiences and what not. I know for my MOS School it was like a normal school day. PT in the morning, class until 1630, then off for the day, and weekends off as well. Of course, schools can all vary on their schedules. Good luck to her in her travels and schooling. What is her job going to be anyways?

SemperFiParent
11-05-10, 08:18 AM
Yes, she will or should have more time at MOS School to talk to you about her experiences and what not. I know for my MOS School it was like a normal school day. PT in the morning, class until 1630, then off for the day, and weekends off as well. Of course, schools can all vary on their schedules. Good luck to her in her travels and schooling. What is her job going to be anyways?

She is studying Oceanography and Meteorology.
I didn't understand why the Corps would have something like that for an MOS until she explained to her stupid old father that knowing what the weather is like can come in handy when you have to move personnel and equipment from point A to point B

oldtop
11-05-10, 10:15 AM
She will enjoy her time at Keesler, since the training is all done by the Air Force, it's more like going to college than what she is used to in the Corps...be sure to advise her to keep up her PT on her own, the AF dosen't do a lot of PT in their MOS schools (unlike the MC which makes sure that students keep up the PT) or she can find herself behind the 8 ball when she gets to the fleet.

SemperFiParent
11-05-10, 01:05 PM
She will enjoy her time at Keesler, since the training is all done by the Air Force, it's more like going to college than what she is used to in the Corps...be sure to advise her to keep up her PT on her own, the AF dosen't do a lot of PT in their MOS schools (unlike the MC which makes sure that students keep up the PT) or she can find herself behind the 8 ball when she gets to the fleet.

oldtop I gotta tell ya, you got that right.

She sent pictures of her room to my wife's cell phone, it's nicer that the dorm room she had in college.

And I'll be sure to stress your advice on the PT.

Thanks