PDA

View Full Version : BAH and FSA-T during MCT or MOS

mariana10
11-02-10, 07:10 PM
my fiance and i will be married in december on his leave between boot and MCT. today i was told that he will not recieve BAH or FSA-T during MCT or MOS becasue he is required to live in the barracks during those two trainings. however, what i had read online was that the mairne corps does pay him BAH and it is based on the area that i am located no matter where his training is. i'd like to know which is true so that i know how to plan our finances.

also, i was told that because we would be getting married while he is fresh out of bootcamp that our marriage will make him ineligible for OCS along with other trainings. before bootcamp, my fiance was not planning on attending OCS so that can be ruled out for the time being. what else will he be ineligible for because of our marriage?

i understand because i am talking finances and we are not yet married that some poeple will take it the wrong way. i also understand that the marine corps way of thinking is that a wife should be issued but i'd really like to read constructive critisicm so if you dont have anything but a rude opinion, thank you for reading my post but please be nice.

thank you.

Zulu 36
11-02-10, 07:13 PM
Need a profile, please.

mariana10
11-02-10, 07:19 PM
i just did i think. ha
sorry, i just joined 20 approx minutes ago cuz these questions were burning. lol

april0720
11-03-10, 02:45 PM
to my knowledge he will not get BAH or any of those special pays since you were not married BEFORE he joined. once he's inthe fleet then you'll get BAH. Also while he's in boot camp he will not be able to send any money home, which i assume you already know since he's gone lol as for being iniligable for things i'm not sure, that's something we never looked into i guess.

stretchusa
11-03-10, 02:52 PM
You will start getting BAH and FSA once you are married and he puts you into the MC's system. He will not be ineligible for OCS or anything else because he is married. However told you this is trying to keep him from getting married.