PDA

View Full Version : tattoo question

greasemnky3521
11-01-10, 11:52 PM
I recently found out that a change in the tattoo policy ( MARADMIN 029/10) states that "
Any Marine whose tattoos are not within the standards of the current policy must be grandfathered by June 1." I was deployed during this time frame and I was never aware of the change. I have a sleeve tattoo and was wondering if I can be waived in since I was not afforded the opportunity to get grandfathered in by the dealine.

greasemnky3521
11-02-10, 04:36 PM
anybody?

devilbones
11-02-10, 04:59 PM
Not sure but good luck. I am trying to come back in and I need a tattoo waiver. I cant believe this BS. Oh well.

greasemnky3521
11-03-10, 12:33 AM
someone must have an answer

wildwoman73
11-03-10, 04:36 AM
______@______@_______@_______ (tumbleweeds, lol) I've googled to try to help you out. Everything I find is cut and dry. I think the only option you have is to attempt through proper channels. I have no clue how you'd get something like that approved but whatever the situation, you are going to have to utilize your chain of command.

On the up side, it is getting cold outside. Sleeves down for at least the next 6 months or so, huh? Cover that bad boy up!!

Phantom Blooper
11-03-10, 05:14 AM
There is a Marine on this site that just re upped with ink and some other things on his list....it is along drawn out process....but you may have a chance.

A PSR is your best option for accuracy....as case by case may vary.:evilgrin:

stephenvrich
11-04-10, 03:20 PM
i think this is what the SSGT was referring to. here (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98558)

jp2usmc
11-05-10, 08:57 AM
I'm guessing it all comes down to how well you are liked in your unit. If you're a trouble maker, they have an easy item to charge you with.

coffeejoejava
11-08-10, 08:25 AM
You can re-up with sleeve tattoos....you can never be a Embassy Guard, a recruiter, on Presidential service, I think you it excludes you from Drill Instructor, and it definelty excludes you from ANY OFFICER PROGRAM.

I just re-enlisted my SSgt three weeks ago, he is very tattooed with a sleeve thrown in for good measure. He would be an excellent Warrant Officer but, because of the tattoos, that is not an option for him.