PDA

View Full Version : 26xx

Bratch25
10-31-10, 10:24 PM
Anyone going into the 26xx field? I signed my contract 2 weeks ago. Looks like i'll be heading to DLI after MCT.

Wenzel
11-08-10, 10:13 PM
It's a toss up between 02xx and 26xx for me. Most likely 02xx though.

chrawarren
11-21-10, 08:40 PM
I'm a bit lost, Bratch, because I found a PDF file today...

The 26 field trains in two different areas...and since you don't get a specific job, you are just given the field of 26...that means you and I could either be sent to Pensacola, FL; or to the Presidio. I'd like a senior member to tell me what's up, I've considered even calling the senior enlisted advisor at Pensacola to get the scoop but as a civilian I've kind of decided against it.

Wenzel, did you take the DLAB?

joey513
11-21-10, 10:14 PM
wenzel, im with you! i took the dlab and scored a 131. im hoping for 0231, and hopefully 0211 in the future

Wenzel
11-22-10, 08:08 AM
I got a 107 on the DLAB, but I know I could have done better because I accidentally hit the next button on the last section's directions. So on the last section, I basically winged it and used my intuition. I guess working for Rosetta Stone paid off, haha. And like Chrawarren said, you are going into the field of 02xx/26xx, you don't pick a specific job. So while you maybe be looking for a job in the Signals Intelligence/Ground Electronic Warfare field, you can possibly be assigned to Intelligence field. I personally may not be assigned to 26xx because I am colorblind, which is okay, because I want to be an 0231. Check this site out (http://hqinet001.hqmc.usmc.mil/dirint/default.html), it's very in-depth with the jobs we will be doing.

And by the way, awesome job Roca! I actually found out the other day by SSGT Bedell my ship date might change to January and go in as a backup soldier. Since the only thing holding me back is my weight, once I hit 186, he will put me in to ship 2-4 week after I drop it.

Vise
11-22-10, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't mind doing 26xx. Anything that will give me experience in the communications/information industry when I get out.

joey513
11-22-10, 03:17 PM
oh wow, thats awesome! good luck. i have about 7 months left, and its taking forever. haha!

chrawarren
11-22-10, 06:00 PM
Wenzel where'd you read that about color vision?

Wenzel
11-23-10, 12:00 PM
Chrawarren: Wenzel where'd you read that about color vision?

It was something that my recruiter had told me. With my ASVAB score, I was eligible for many jobs, but was disqualified from many of the high-end technical jobs because I am colorblind. As far as being disqualified from a job in the 26xx field, that's really just an assuption due to the fact that it incorporates computers. I may be wrong about that though. It's something you should talk to your recruiter about.

Laxer17
11-23-10, 01:31 PM
I got a 110 on my DLAB and scored myself Crypto-linguist recruiter says i wont know my language till right before i ship to boot but im doing to California for DLI (267x)

Wenzel
11-23-10, 01:58 PM
Laxer17:
I got a 110 on my DLAB and scored myself Crypto-linguist recruiter says i wont know my language till right before i ship to boot but im doing to California for DLI (267x)

Have you signed a 267x Contract or something starting that you are in the DD field?

Laxer17
11-23-10, 04:52 PM
i just signed my contract a few days ago. idk what you mean by DD field lol

Wenzel
11-23-10, 06:09 PM
Well I signed a contract stating that I'm going in 02xx/26xx. The code that the Marines use for this field is "DD". The reason I'm saying this is because you don't know your specific job until after bootcamp when you do your final swear-in.

chrawarren
11-30-10, 10:06 AM
It was something that my recruiter had told me. With my ASVAB score, I was eligible for many jobs, but was disqualified from many of the high-end technical jobs because I am colorblind. As far as being disqualified from a job in the 26xx field, that's really just an assuption due to the fact that it incorporates computers. I may be wrong about that though. It's something you should talk to your recruiter about.

I believe you may be wrong sir. For your and my own sake. As color vision deficient people we get knocked out of Aviation, Armor, and a few other fields like MP and Recon (recon might be waived if you ever want to go that way I believe.)

They wouldn't give us a contract for a job that DQ'd the color vision deficient, (I would hope) because we aren't allowed in those fields. What BS. If you check out the pages on the USMC Intel website it doesn't mention normal color vision...I think we're gonna be good man.

Don't scare me like that anymore.

Wenzel
11-30-10, 10:13 AM
chrawarren: Don't scare me like that anymore.

LMAO, will do. Recon is a maybe, but I really want 0211.

joey513
11-30-10, 09:35 PM
I want recon so bad. Did you know Quimby got recon? And a $4k bonus if he makes it through. I asked Sgt Flammia about going to recon indoc if I'm intel and he said I could do it. To be honest, I'd rather not be intel, but I'd pick it over everything else besides infantry/recon. I couldn't get either though.

Wenzel
12-01-10, 11:03 AM
I gotta congratulate that bastard, lol. Basically, anyone can join Recon, you don't need to make a lateral move to 0321 like you do with 0211. I personally would want 0211 more than 0321, as I would excel further doing a job like Intelligence rather than Infantry, though it would be really f-cking awesome.

chrawarren
12-03-10, 04:57 PM
Agreed, I have a friend who wants to go Recon, he's in boot at San Diego right now. That's super bad ass and all, but what if he doesn't make a career out of the Corps? Then he has on his resume "good at killing people."

Those in the Intel field have a nice new set of highly specialized skills that pay well in the government and private fields, and if you're lucky you got a $10,000 bonus for signing the 02**/26** contract. Like this guy. :D

Wenzel
12-07-10, 11:34 AM
Lucky B-stard. -_-

Nerd
12-07-10, 04:42 PM
oh wow, thats awesome! good luck. i have about 7 months left, and its taking forever. haha!

you're telling me, bro. I'm stuck in high school, to boot

Languagelover23
12-15-10, 03:10 PM
Agreed, I have a friend who wants to go Recon, he's in boot at San Diego right now. That's super bad ass and all, but what if he doesn't make a career out of the Corps? Then he has on his resume "good at killing people."

Those in the Intel field have a nice new set of highly specialized skills that pay well in the government and private fields, and if you're lucky you got a $10,000 bonus for signing the 02**/26** contract. Like this guy. :D

Like this girl, too : D I got that gorgeous 10k bonus for the 26xx contract, my recruiters are amazing!