PDA

View Full Version : Not able to pick specific MOS's in reserves?

TheFewTheProud9
10-31-10, 04:17 AM
Hello Marines,

I live on Long Island, New York and decided to join the Marines. I'm 100% sure im doing Reserves and the 3 MOS's im looking at and in order the most im interested in are 1. 7051- Fire Rescue 2. Intelligence 3. Aircrew.

But my recruiter said i cant pick 7051, or Aircrew because theirs not a reserve base here that offer that. My question is, is he right? Their are Bases in Pennsylvania that support both of those MOS's and i was wondering if i would be able to go their and drive/fly their myself. Does anyone have any experience with my situation? Thanks.

josephd
10-31-10, 07:53 PM
you get contracted to an MOS in the reserves based on the units nearby/closest to you, so yes he is correct

ZSKI
10-31-10, 08:14 PM
yes you can drive to penn if you wish. you just have to ask to join that unit

brian0351
11-01-10, 01:54 AM
You just have to remember...you will be responsible for being at your reserve unit ON TIME for muster on drill weekends.

So your going to get off LI to Penn on a Friday afternoon? Doubtful. You'll have to leave early Friday morning which means you'll have to cut out of work/school.

Also, you won't be reimbursed for travel to the unit because there were other units/MOS's closer to you.