PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Point CO busted for DUI

LandsNGrooves
10-30-10, 07:56 AM
http://www.wwaytv3.com/nc_marine_commander_charged_drunk_driving/10/2010

indygti
10-30-10, 08:55 AM
What an idiot. I hope he gets what he deserves.

Old Marine
10-30-10, 10:40 AM
Many, Many Many people do this very thing on a daily basis. I do not believe it warrants being relieved of command. Besides he is innocent until proven guilty.

thewookie
10-30-10, 10:46 AM
Not good, I read about the DUI arrest a few days ago on MC times online. Too bad it go posted in the open, not good to air out our dirty laundry in the open like that. Not that it is a secret, but, it would be nice to see this moved to Chesty Hooch.

This CO had a good career, flew missions in both wars, but it's too bad his career is over. If a DUI will ruin an enlisted man's career, and it did in my day, it should also do the same for an officer, especially the CO of a MC base.

LandsNGrooves
10-30-10, 12:39 PM
If a DUI will ruin an enlisted man's career, and it did in my day, it should also do the same for an officer, especially the CO of a MC base.

THIS

Nearly all of us have driven under the influence

:thumbdown

Kegler300
10-30-10, 02:57 PM
I wonder how many enlisted Marines he NJP'd and threw the book at for DWI, DUI, or underage drinking...

Relief of command should only be the beginning of his ultimate trip down to Camp Lejeune to receive as much before MajGen Jensen.

Baker1971
10-30-10, 04:29 PM
We have zero idea what the general did with regard to others. None at all.

LandsNGrooves
10-30-10, 05:48 PM
Didn't you just say that, in your first post?? <br />
<br />
And He should get way more then a enlisted.YES HE SHOULD. He's a Officer. They are held to a higher standard. Thats why when O's get court martial'd,...

Baker1971
10-30-10, 06:08 PM
dcb, looks like Lands wants you to limit your posts LOL....I will bet my bottom dollar ol Lands has never gotten behind that wheel after a few :)

Old Marine
10-30-10, 06:32 PM
Sure seems like the General is making a political statement by having the Colonel relieved of command. Way, way too harsh. Unless the Colonel has a habit of doing this all the time.

Kind of reminds me of the Lt. Calley incident way back when, only this is not as bad as what Calley supposedly did. An example was made of Calley and and example was made of this Colonel.

As a buck Sgt. I used to tend bar at the "O" Club at Camp Pendleton 17 Area. There were a whole lot of officers who turned into animals when they had more than they should have. I wonder how many times in his life this General drove a vehicle with more than a few under his belt.

Burke7051
10-30-10, 07:08 PM
Please.... since it happened off base, he'll probably face a local charge and just get off with a small fine and slap on the wrist. As for the military side of justice, I foresee &quot;early retirement&quot;...

SlingerDun
10-30-10, 07:21 PM
This man->

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24282 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24282)

came full circle after being relieved as CO of the unit he entered the fleet in as 2nd Lt. in 1982...

He was held to high moral standards and paid for a blunder. He was also a pretty good guy as i recall. Didn't seem to matter none.

Boozin and Bangin?! :confused:

Theoldgunny
10-30-10, 09:49 PM
hell but for the grace of god almost all of us could have been charged w/dui at on time or another

HOWARDROARK3043
10-30-10, 10:55 PM
The Marine Corps his full,,,, ad-sep garbage out,,, in 45 days,,,----lets not NJP Marines,,,, lets ad sep them out,,, and raise the standards of the Marine Corps......

Garyius
10-31-10, 08:14 AM
Officers can't get ad-sep, they have to be 'dropped from rolls' by the service secretary and they get rights of appeal the enlisted do not get.

The Marine Corps his full,,,, ad-sep garbage out,,, in 45 days,,,----lets not NJP Marines,,,, lets ad sep them out,,, and raise the standards of the Marine Corps......

wildwoman73
10-31-10, 08:32 AM
Many, Many Many people do this very thing on a daily basis. I do not believe it warrants being relieved of command. Besides he is innocent until proven guilty.

You are right about innocent until proven guilty. And many people DO partake in behavior like this. In fact, the only difference between this Marine and anyone else....is the simple fact that he got caught. A DWI in Texas is a class B misd. Me being a public servant, I would receive a Class A. If you are going to be entrusted to fulfill high ranking positions, you should hold yourself to higher standards. Too bad he is having these problems.

wildwoman73
10-31-10, 08:43 AM
You are so right. I look back on my &quot;professional drinking&quot; stint and KNOW that many a time, I should not have just gone to jail but should have been put UNDER the jail. I was plenty old enough to...

LandsNGrooves
10-31-10, 10:36 AM
dcb, looks like Lands wants you to limit your posts LOL....I will bet my bottom dollar ol Lands has never gotten behind that wheel after a few :)

I never drink in public broski. If we are at a nice steakhouse and I have A beer with dinner, then she gets the keys.

AAV Crewchief
10-31-10, 11:42 AM

Not everyone is commander of an airwing though and he should be setting the example.

Baker1971
10-31-10, 11:43 AM
Hi, Lands...no, I didn't mean you had to answer to me or to anyone else....what I was getting at is that frequently, when someone calls for someone else's head, they get a funny feeling in their own neck, as if it is saying to them, hey, YOU done that at some point in your life's past-----the rule is, these days, sure, throw her the keys, my wife and I do the same thing, it's SOP these days.
I meant at ANY time in the past, if you ever ever got behind the wheel after one or two, then ............... But it is not a question to be answered, just a self-check list, is all.....no harm meant, just that we judge folks based on standards that we ourselves hardly follow, and if we do follow that particular standard, rest assured, we foul up along the say somehow, somewhere, and so are not in the position to judge someone else too harshly.....

AAV Crewchief
10-31-10, 11:45 AM
You are so right. I look back on my "professional drinking" stint and KNOW that many a time, I should not have just gone to jail but should have been put UNDER the jail. I was plenty old enough to responsibly go to jail. Glad I never did. Only 37 but so much to lose with one simple mistake. There comes a time when being responsible out weighs being overly brave and confident. This is a perfect example.

Dang, YOU are 37? Yeah, I've been there and done some of that myself, but I was never an airwing commander either. There is no conduct unbecoming of an enlisted man, an officer though....ahem...most do this discreetly and who was this guy's wingman that let him get ahold of his keys drunk?

Baker1971
10-31-10, 11:45 AM
AAV, oh he should be setting example, but actually ,we all should be, too----my point is that to point an accusing finger, is sometimes hypocritical....sometimes not, though......the hasty judgements are the worst, where someone is guilty by accusation, not by proof-----when we call for someone's downfall, we gotta think it could have been us......unless our pasts are all as white as pure snow

AAV Crewchief
10-31-10, 11:47 AM
No reduction at all unless he was trying to max out and get his 30 in...he will retire a full bird as long as he goes quietly and doesn't embarass the Corps.

Old Marine
10-31-10, 02:25 PM
OMG, whatever he does, please do not embarass the Corps.

Old Marine
10-31-10, 02:35 PM
Sure glad I did not frequent bars, when I was partaking in tipping a few. I only frequented cocktail lounges.

Many times I used to wake up in the morning and have to go check to make sure my vehicle was home and in good shape.

Quit all those fun times in November of 1990 when they opened up my chest and replaced arteries to my heart. If I was to smell the cork from a wine bottle these days, I would be smashed. Found out that I was wasting a lot of money on booze and cigs for many years. My health is really a lot better these days.