PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Go Back in I have a few questions

Green Reaper
10-28-10, 05:52 AM
I have been talking to my wife and have decided to try and go back in to active duty. I am looking at the different MOS's out there and are having alot of trouble deciding. I really want to go to the 03 field and if I do I want to go to 0321 with Recon. I am just a little worried that I am not in perfect shape for that. I work out alot and swim laps and have been trying to prepare for if I do go that road. I am also looking at maybe going to the MP field. I am just looking to find out more information on the MP job as to exactly what goes on in a normal shift. Whats the different jobs you could do and just everything with it. I am also looking at maybe just going back in as my original Job which was Crash Fire Rescue but I know as you get higher in Rank the less fun you get to have with that job. So I am just looking for some help in figuring out if trying to go to 0321(recon) would be the best and what exactly I could expect starting down that field. I am currently a CPL and hope I will be able to come back in as a CPL. I am just looking for any help and information. Thank you for your help.

indygti
10-28-10, 07:11 AM
Well if you really want to be a Recon Marine you better start slaying yourself on a daily basis because if you're even a little worried you aren't in good enough shape then you're miles away from being where you need to be. If I were you, I'd research the initial testing phase(s) of being a Recon Marine because it's tough. I participated in the Recon screening while at SOI and passed but decided not to go that route, mostly because I just wanted to see if I could pass their tests, Recon just never interested me.

The only person who can really decide what path to go down is you, or your wife depending on who wears the pants in your relationship. It seems to me you want to do more high speed stuff and infantry is certainly geared towards that.

Green Reaper
10-29-10, 02:45 AM
Yeah I am looking to do more High Speed stuff, I am getting back in the gym and working out, running and swimming alot now, to get me ready to maybe go for the recon route. Which MOS did you have,