PDA

View Full Version : PI in Oct.

Sniperone
09-30-03, 05:44 PM
Hey Marines!

I'll be going to PI in october to watch my good friends nephew graduate. We are making it a road trip. Driving down from upstate NY on weds. and staying until graduation is over on friday. I CAN'T WAIT !!!
All I need now is to hook up with a DI or some other Marine that can get me a set of the new cammies while I'm there. If that is possible PM me and let me know. My Internet provider will be changing within the next day or so and I'll will have a new e-mail address, so the messages on here are the best bet. Also! The hospitality house on base is booked for Oct. what is a good hotel close by??

Art Petersn
09-30-03, 08:31 PM
I like the Confort Inn. It's not the closes motel but it is real nice.
Applebees is right next door and I meet two DI's in the bar area there year before last.

If this is your first time back to PI you are going to be suprised how small the base is. No wooden barracks are left.

marinemom
10-01-03, 05:52 AM
Check the Comfort Inn website - when my son graduated several years ago, we found about 6 places to stay near the Island. We stayed at one at the exit after Beaufort on 95 - took about 15 minutes to get to the Island.

Staying in Beaufort adds about 15% to the cost on graduation weekends, and there are usually other things going on, reunions of course, but it is also one of South Carolina's historic and garden areas. Lots of tours in Spring and Fall.

And watch out as you go over the border betwen the two Carolinas - the speed limit in South Carolina is 70 mph - trucks take off fast as they go over, lol.