PDA

View Full Version : tattoo on inner left forearm

h8choo2
10-27-10, 02:34 PM
like it says in the title i have a tattoo on my inner left forearm, its my sons name it is 7 letters long. my question is will the disqualify me from joining the Marines? i have spoken with a recruiter before about this he said as long as i could cover it with my hand extended but he wasn't 100% positive on it i was just wondering if anyone here knew if i could still join with this tattoo?

sparkie
10-27-10, 02:42 PM
I can see you are new here, but try working up a profile just 'cause we like to know something about who we are talking to. I also see you are 18 and have a son. Consider your priorities. Again, just my opinion.

DrZ
10-27-10, 02:44 PM
Don't know on that one. From the looks of the tat.... you would need a pretty good sized paw to cover it. Go visit the recruiter and show it to him/her because they make a better judgment call than we can from pictures.

jairen
10-27-10, 04:50 PM
Your recruiter is right. IF you can cover it with your hand (fingers and thumb adjoined) you'll be good, if not you'll be disqualified.

h8choo2
10-27-10, 05:45 PM
thank you jairen, this is gonna sound dumb but is there a certain way you have to try and cover it like i can cover it when my hand is parallel with my left arm, is that the correct way to cover it? or do i have to go over it perpendicular?

usmc3521
10-27-10, 08:29 PM
I dont see why err/mcrc wouldnt approve that. They are approving tat waivers left and right now. Go for it. Dont let your recruiter tell you no. Let him submit the package and see what happens. If err approves it you are golden cuz mcrc does not usually dispute an err recomendation